Over the last few years Hyaluronic Acid has to be one of the most talked about skincare ingredients and I can totally understand why it is a holy grail for many.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid aka HA may sound scary with the word acid however it is a sugar molecule found naturally in our skin and it is also distributed to our tissues and joints. The top layer of our skin is called the epidermis and the deeper layer of our skin is called the dermis. Hyaluronic acid is predominantly found in the deeper layers of the epidermis and the dermis. Its thick gel-like texture provides volume to the dermis resulting in plump skin.
Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful humectant that draws in moisture from the environment to your skin – in fact it can hold up to 1000 times its molecular weight in water! This works by retaining water molecules onto the skin and helps keep our skin firm, youthful and hydrated. Keeping your skin well hydrated helps to protect your skin barrier and thus preventing fine lines and wrinkles - just imagine a dry sponge dipped in water!
Unfortunately, over time our HA levels deplete due to age and/or external aggressors and therefore products containing Hyaluronic Acid are vital so we can provide this hero ingredient back into our skin.
Key benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
· Hydration Hydration Hydration– An amazing water magnet pulling moisture into the skin
· Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – helps to firm and plump the skin.
· Wound healing – increases skin healing turnaround times
· All round healthier, clearer smoother skin
· Suitable for all skin types
What makes our Hyaluronic Acid extra special?
As you may know, HA is available in many stores, but we would like to think our formula has a unique twist.
- Waterless – That’s right our formula comes 100% waterless, we use algae extract to mimic water properties and texture. Read more about why we have gone waterless here.
- 3 molecular weights that can reach the epidermis (top layer of skin) as well as stimulating the dermis (middle layer of the skin) to really help suppress the formation of wrinkles and skin cell damage.
- Our ingredients have been trailed and tested in clinical studies.
- Organically Grown Ingredients (97% organic of total).
- In line with TRUE skincare ethos – Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Organic and Sustainable.
This can vary depending on whether HA is found in your moisturizer, serum, face wash etc.
At TRUE our Hyaluronic acid is in a serum form. When using our products, we would advise the following skincare routine:
- Cleanse skin using our Certified Organic Clarifying Safflower & Geranium Cleansing Oil – massage on to dry skin and remove using a warm damp cloth.
- Apply 2-3 drops of our Radiance Renewal 10% Stabilised Vitamin C Serum - A great anti-oxidant that pairs beautifully with our Hyaluronic Acid Complex.
- Wait a couple of minutes and then apply 2-3 drops of our 1% Hyaluronic Acid Complex.
- Use a pea size amount of our Prickly Pear & Algae Collagen Renewal Moisturiser - to help retain hydration.
- Finishing off with 2 drops of your favorite TRUE facial oil, press and massage into the skin - this will help to lock in the moisture from all products.
The best part about Hyaluronic acid is that it can be used in both your AM and PM routines. You should always apply a moisturizer and/or a facial oil on top of Hyaluronic acid to help lock in that moisture and to prevent any transepidermal water loss.
All skin types, particularly dehydrated skin.
Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that is hard to fault, and if you have not tried ours yet, what are you waiting for? You can purchase this here.